If you are not entitled to an old-age pension when you reach retirement age due to a lack of years of pensionable service, and you have lived in Estonia for at least five years right before applying, you are entitled to a national pension.
You are entitled to a national pension in old age if you meet all of the following conditions:
- you have reached the retirement age
- you do not have the required years of pensionable service to apply for an old-age pension
- you have lived in Estonia for at least five years immediately before applying for a pension
- you do not receive a pension from another country.
You are entitled to a national pension in case of the loss of a breadwinner if all the following conditions are met:
- the deceased family member did not have the required years of pensionable service to apply for a pension
- the deceased family member lived in Estonia for at least one year immediately before applying for a pension.
The amount of the national pension is 336.39 euros per month.
How to get?
Application forms for obtaining a pension can be found here.
You can submit a pension application:
- electronically digitally signed to the e-mail address: [email protected]
- by mail to the address Paldiski mnt 80, 15092 Tallinn
- in the customer service of the Social Insurance Board
When you come to customer service, please bring an identity document with you. This can be an ID card, a driver's license, an Estonian citizen's passport, a diplomatic passport, a seafarer's discharge book, an alien's passport, a temporary travel document, a travel document for a refugee, a certificate of record of service on ships, a certificate of return, a permit of return.
also the number of your bank account is needed to know when filling the application.
In the case of a foreign citizen, we check the existence and validity of a residence permit or right of residence from the population register.
Along with the application, submit all the necessary documents to calculate the amount of your pension.
Last updated: 20.04.2023