To prove that you are alive please submit a life certificate certified by the competent authority in your country of residence. The competent authority is any authority where a person is identified when they go to an appointment (authority paying pensions, local authority, the police, embassy, notary public and so on).
N.B. Your life certificate must definitely be signed by the competent authority; your own signature on the life certificate is not enough.
- If you have already presented to us your certificate of residence from another country, you need not additionally submit a life certificate. The certificate of residence is also valid for one year and you must submit it again each year.
The certificate can be submitted to us:
- Via mail to the address Paldiski mnt 80, 15092 Tallinn
- Via e-mail to the address [email protected]
- By fax: +372 640 8155
- You yourself can prove that you are alive only by personally going to the Social Insurance Board with your identity document! You can go to the Social Insurance Board’s customer service office of your choice
- Via skype by calling a contact named Elusolekutõend (contact live:.cid.b5bcbdf84f39b635) Mo-Th 9.00 - 16.30, Fr 9.00 - 13.00. Your identity document and webcamera are nessecary
By way of an exception
pensioners residing in Russia, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova and Ukraine need not present proof of life. We get that information from these countries through automatic data exchange on the basis of agreements with those countries.
If the validity of the proof of existence has expired
and a new certificate has not been submitted, we will suspend the payment of the pension from the following month.
We will resume the payment of pension when we have received the certificate. In case of belated submission of the certificate we will resume the payment of pension retroactively as of the time the payment of pension was suspended.
Last updated: 06.03.2023