We determine and pay social benefits for disabled people to a permanent residents of Estonia or to a person living in Estonia on the basis of a temporary residence permit or temporary right of residence.
The calculation of the social benefit is based on the rate of social benefits per month, which is 25.57 euros.
If you have additional expenses due to disability, we will pay you social benefits for disabled people due to special needs. Additional costs may be related, for example, to the use of technical aids or transport, maintenance, or rehabilitation.
If you have not submitted an application for the social benefit for disabled people, together with the application for determining the severity of a disability, please submit a separate application to receive the benefit. You can find the application on our forms page in the social benefits section.
An application for social benefit must be submitted
- each time you apply for the first time
- the transition from the allowance for a disabled child to the allowance for a person of working age with a disability
- in case of repeated determination of the severity of a disability, if more than one year has passed since the end of payment of the allowance
No application for social benefit should be submitted
- in case of repeated detection of the severity of disability before one year has passed since the payment of the allowance has stopped;
- during the transition from the payment of the allowance for a person of working age with a disability to the payment of the allowance for a person of old-age pension age with a disability if the severity of the disability is repeatedly identified before one year has passed since the payment of the allowance has stopped.
Last updated: 22.03.2023