Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Documents Required for Calculating the Pension Amount

To apply for a pension, you need to submit a series of documents on which the amount of your pension depends

Documents Required for Calculating the Pension Amount

Together with the pension application, we expect you to present the following documents:

  • Personal identification document (at the customer service for identification purposes)
  • Employment record book or other documents certifying the years of pensionable service and/or working (archive notice, employment contract, written order, regulation, etc.)
  • Diploma issued by the vocational training institution, secondary specialized training institution, or an establishment for higher education
  • Military card
  • Document certifying the childbirth, if the child was born outside Estonia
  • Document certifying the name change at marriage, if the marriage has been concluded outside Estonia
  • Number of the bank account where you want to receive the pension
  • If you have raised children, then 

    •   Application for a pension supplement for raising a child 

    •   Consent to waive pensionable service, retirement pension or pension supplement on favorable terms

You can only present such documents that you actually have. For example, if you have never been in the military service, you are not expected to present the military card.

Please present original documents or their notarially certified copies. If some document is missing and it is hard to find, then consult with our customer service by e-mail, at [email protected] or via self-service of the Estonian National Social Insurance Board. We can send a query to an archive or institution that might have data proving your pensionable service. Queries from archives are for a fee. The fee depends on the price list of the specific archive and is paid by the applicant.

When you apply for a pension at the customer service of the Social Insurance Board, we ask you to bring your identity document. It could be your ID-card, driver’s licence, Estonian passport, diplomatic passport, seaman’s discharge book, foreigner’s passport, temporary travel document, refugee’s travel document, certificate of record of service on Estonian ships, return certificate, return permission. In the case of citizens of foreign countries, we shall make a registry query to check the presence and validity of their residence permit.

Last updated: 03.04.2023

Was this page helpful??