Est separator Eng separator Rus
font normal font+
separator arrow Sitemap separator arrow RSS separator
Main page
Employees and retired persons
Old-age pension
Pension for incapacity for work
Survivor's pension
National pension
Non-resident pension recipient
Pension supplements
Deadlines for the bank transfers
Families with children
Work Ability Reform
People with disabilities
Victim support and conciliation service
Other benefits and allowances
Social Insurance in the EU

info at sotsiaalkindlustusamet dot ee

 Information line 
+372 612 1360
16106 (in Estonia)

working days 9. 00–17.00

every last Friday of the month


Endla 8, 15092
Tallinn Estonia

Fax: +372 640 8155

Registry code: 70001975 


Survivor's pension


Survivor’s pension is a type of state pension.

The following persons have the right to receive survivor’s pension:
- permanent residents of Estonia;
- aliens residing in Estonia on the basis of temporary residence permits or temporary right of residence.

Upon the death of a provider, family members who were maintained by him or her have the right to receive a survivor’s pension. Survivor’s pension shall be granted to the children, parents and the widow or widower irrespective of whether they were maintained by the provider or not.

Calculation of survivor’s pension

The greatest of the following shall be the basis for calculation of a survivor's pension:

1) Old-age pension calculated on the basis of the provider’s accumulation period and insurance components;
2) old-age pension if the person has completed thirty years of pensionable service.

The amount of survivor’s pension depends on the number of family members.

The amount of survivor’s pension is as follows:

1. to three or more family members, 100 per cent of the old-age pension that served as a basis for calculation;
2. to two family members, 80 per cent of the old-age pension that served as a basis for calculation;
3. to one family member, 50 per cent of the old-age pension that served as a basis for calculation.

To apply for survivor’s pension one should contact the Social Insurance Board.



all web industry